Monday, March 16

Recitation of purple prose

My thanks to Hotspur O'Toole for teaching me the ways of Audacity and hosting this on his site for me.

For your enjoyment I've read two pages from what may be the worst romantic fantasy literature ever published, Silk and Steel by Ron Miller. As a professional editor, it reads to me like some like someone forgot to turn off Track Changes and merged every draft that should have been crumpled up, tossed in the wastebasket, then finished off with a lit stick of dynamite in said wastebacket.

This crime against literature was highlighted on livejournal, and its infamy has spread rapidly.

It took me two takes and turning the microphone off between paragraphs to get the laughter out of my system. So without further ado...

http://hiberniaskids.blogspot.com/2009/03/audio-erm-treat.html

3 comments:

Kevin Frost said...

Your suffering shall be legendary, even in hell.

itsdavidvc said...

I sent a copy to the Underworld already. They've permanently barred me from entry.

Rhianon Jameson said...

My God, sir, the horrors you (and your co-conspirator, Mr. O'Toole) inflict! I couldn't make it through to the end...the "leopard-colored hair" was the last straw.